Sometimes colouring your hair can be a big deal.
Women all over the world are getting their hair dyed professionally as often as once a month, but now we are stuck at home because of coronavirus pandemic and such a simple task as dyeing your hair can become a real hustle. And as crazy as it may sound the problem is real. Hairdressers are already selling ready to use hair dye kits so we all can at least try to maintain our favourite hair colour. But you can also try to dye your hair at home and here is how to do it.
Take it step by step!
- If you have darker hair (dark blonde, brown, red or black) you can try to apply your permanent hair dye at home. How to do it? First of all, to dye your hair at home buy a hair dye that is similar in colour to what your hairdresser was already applying.
- It’s better if you don’t wash your hair beforehand. The Natural sebum will protect your scalp from getting irritated, red and even burnt because of the hair dye.
- Before applying hair dye put on disposable gloves to protect your hands. If applying dark colour put some moisturizing cream near the hair growth line.
- Prepare hair dye mixture according to the manufacturer’s instructions – you will need to combine an oxidant with the hair dye to activate the colouring substance.
- Divide your hair into 4 equal zones and start applying your hair dye with a brush. Remember to section your hair as well.
- Now it’s time to wait. Once again you should follow the instruction on the box, but it usually takes around 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water and later wash with a shampoo.
Or try something else…
Maybe the coronavirus outbreak is a good time to let your hair return to its natural colour? Even if it means going gray. Under the Instagram #goinggrey hashtag you can find pictures of women showing their outgrown, natural, grey hair. Have a look and you will find more than 75 thousand inspiration of how beautiful you can look without your hairdresser appointment.
One thought on “Coronavirus outbreak vs try to dye your hair at home”